Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My First Dabba

In school it was great to open dabba’s during lunch. So much of sharing and fun it used to be and no regret to eat as it was always stuffed by mom or grandma or aunt. Suddenly the dabbas vanished from my life and replaced by plates which I used to carry in hostels. Though I didn’t notice the change as I was excited by the variety of food I used to get.

Sometimes I make fun of people who say they miss the homely food. I never thought normal people have food at home or eat from the dabbas during lunch. I always thought they were tamed. Eating outside used to be wild cat hunt. Though it is not hunt in actual reality.

From my Intermediate studies I never tasted good food for lunch or to put it in other words never tasted dabba again and always stayed untamed for long time. After ten years of eating rogue food, and evolving into a better cook, never thought of taking a dabba for lunch.

I am used to eat food with dis-interest or anxiety rather than love I used to have. Today when I take a dabba to my office I am feeling weird. I am still eating with the same loss of enthusiasm I had till yesterday. Feeling depressed to eat out of the dabba. Then I figured it out why was I so over reacting even though having good food which I prepared. Food is tasty that is not the issue.

I am missing the USP of dabba concept. I never knew what was inside it even though I knew the items made at home when I was in school. That anticipation used to keep me up and running to my dabba and eat from it. Now I am not having that. And every time I think of the dabba and the content in it. I knew that I am not being able to taste anything else on the canteen menu. This is the same feeling you have when you are engaged to a person and know that you are going to be with the same person though it is for good, in case of dabba, as you get better food everytime you open. In case of a person it’s your choice.

But, here I am missing the USP of dabba which is !!!SURPRISE!!!. Taking up responsibility of what you eat, and knowing that you are going to eat what you cook, is a great deal of responsibility. You have to be prepared for that. And I am prepared as it is for good so will be sticking to it. I am going to open the dabba and eat. Now I am taming myself by opening the dabba.I am no more a wild cat in jungle. I am a lost tamed cat in concrete jungle. Hoping the dabba brings more taste and love.

Let the Dabbas rule.



Locations of visitors to this page